Sugarwater is a newly-built luxury villa located at the beautiful Apes Hill Club in St. James. The villa is the first and only one of its kind built to strict sustainability standards and yet, not compromising on luxury and functionality. To name a few of the eco-friendly features, the nearly off-the-grid villa includes solar panels and water collection tanks, low emission building materials, a saline pool with solar-powered pump, recycled woods and tiles and locally produced furniture and building materials.
Aesthetically, Sugarwater also has a lot to offer: The residence boasts over 4,500 sq. ft. masterfully blending indoor and outdoor living. Its open plan concept grants calming views of the surrounding greens from almost every angle. Entering the villa a free-flowing living and kitchen area welcomes you and invites to entertain. The Italian designer kitchen with a mahogany centre isle blends modern technology with natural elements. A walkway leads through the herb garden to the detached wine depot built directly into the existing coral stone landscape. Back inside, the dining area adjoins the entertainment space; from the long dining table made from recycled wood, one overlooks a soothing green valley. The stunning pool terrace with infinity-edge saline swimming pool beautifully extends the indoor living spaces. Also on this main level are the Master Suite, which features a private outdoor bath, and three additional en suite guest bedrooms.
Sugarwater also includes a large basement area to create further living space, for example a guest cottage, media room or gym.
Surrounding the villa are landscaped gardens with about 2,000 indigenous plants and fruits. A vegetable garden has been introduced underscoring the sustainability principles of this remarkable villa.
Sugarwater Green Features:
- Net zero, the house produces as much energy as it consumes and when you are away you receive a credit of light and power.
- Site orientation to allow free airflow and comfortable temperatures in all rooms.
- LED lighting throughout the villa.
- Planted trees offset the CO2 emissions of the home.
- Saline pool system using much healthier sodium and natural chlorine; Solar pool pump.
- Solar water heating.
- Shower heads and faucets only need a 1/3 of the water than others.
- Flooring is made from 40% recycled materials.
- Roof made from 95% recycled materials; Steel frame is guaranteed to withstand category III hurricane and has a 50 year warranty.
- No-VOC paints used throughout the house which also improve air quality.
- Locally made joinery and furniture.
- Locally salvaged butcher block counter top and drift wood mirror salvaged from a mahogany tree that unrooted during Hurricane Tomas and drift wood from the East Coast.
- Up-cycled brick paving materials.
- Edible landscape - about 2000 organically grown plants and fruits.
- All cleaning products are chemical-free.
The overall concept is that this house will have lower running costs, uses higher quality materials that will ensure a minimum of maintenance.
Sugarwater is sold as seen, fully furnished and outfitted with the highest quality kitchen and bath appliances and fittings.