This week, Island Villas along with the rest of the world, celebrated Earth Day 2013.
To commemorate this, it seemed like the perfect time to talk about eco-friendly holidays and green living.
Our first stop is luxury 4 bedroom property for sale, Sugarwater – the first environmentally friendly villa at Apes Hill Club. This stunning open plan home has been designed to have lower running costs – a bonus for any potential homeowner.
Unique features of Sugarwater includes an Italian designer kitchen with a mahogany island and an exclusive outdoor wine cellar which is built in a coral stone. The impressive kitchen garden is well-stocked and ready for homecooked meals on the pool terrace under the stars.
Other green features include:
– net zero, the house produces as much energy as it consumes
– solar water heating
– site orientation to allow free flow of air through all rooms
– no voc paints used throughout the house, improved air quality
– all led lights in the house which are energy efficiency
– oriented to have comfortable temperatures in the house
– shower heads and faucets only need a 1/3 of the water than others
– the pool runs with a solar pump and works with the saline pool system
that uses sodium and natural chlorine which is healthier.
– floor made from 40% recycled material
– roof made from 95% recycled material
– locally made joinery and furniture
– locally salvaged butcher block counter top made and drift wood mirror.
Salvaged from a mahogany that blew down during Tomas and drift wood
from the east coast
– up cycled brick pavers
– edible landscape About 2000 plants and fruits who are organic.
– All cleaning is chemical free and healthier for you and your family.
The overall concept is that this house will have lower running costs, uses higher quality materials that will ensure a minimum of maintenance.