St. Nicholas Abbey
With its colourful history spanning over 350 years, its unique Jacobean architecture, restored steam mill and new distillery, St. Nicholas Abbey is one of the most fascinating historic tresures in the Western Hemisphere.
30 years after Barbados was first settled, in 1658, the Jacobean Mansion; one of only three existing in the Western hemisphere; was built. The plantation remains a wealth of history and tradition in the production of sugar, syrup and a unique 17th century rum.
Your tour includes: Main House, Landscaped Gardens, Outbuildings, Steam Mill, Distillery, Rum and Sugar Bond with rum tasting
- Cherry Tree Hill, St. Peter
- Sundays through Fridays
- 10:00a.m. to 3:30p.m.
- *Closed Saturdays
- Experience 350 years of Barbados' history
- Architectural heritage tour
- Breath-taking view of island's East Coast
- Home-movie c.1935 and complimentary drink
- Terrace Cafe serves lunch, tea and other light refreshments during opening hours
- Assistance for guests with special needs